Hybrid Ball Position
Welcome to the Ball Position Golf Instruction for the Hybrid. This club has been the buzz of the club industry for the last few years. They are for real, and almost everyone should carry one in their bag. This lesson is designed to help you develop a consistent routine with your hybrid.
If you have good ball position then it will be much easier to take advantage of this great style of club and hit your ball higher and farther than before.. There are many things that you can take care of before you swing that will help with you ball striking. Ball position is certainly one of those things.
The better and more consistent your ball position is the easier it is to make good contact. It is one of those small yet important details. So, let's build a routine that will allow you to put your golf ball in the same place every time so you can make solid contact on your shots. On to the golf instruction!
Step One : Feet Together
- To be consistent with your ball position you always want to start with your feet together. This way you can move your feet almost the same distance every time and keep your ball position consistent.
- Place your ball in between your toes. You always want to have the same starting point. This just keeps the process simpler.
Step Two : The Logo System
- In the picture I am wearing a golf shirt with a logo on my left side. This is important for basic ball position, as we will use this logo as a reference. If you don't have a shirt with a logo, or are a left handed player, most logos sit a couple of inches in from your armpit. You can either imagine one in the proper place, or you could even put a sticker there to represent the logo to make it easier to practice.
- You are going to line up your ball with the logo (or sticker) on your shirt. This is for all full swing shots. It does not matter what club you are using, the position will always be the same.
- The only change you will see from the pictures is how wide you stance will be with the different clubs.
Step Three : Move Your Left Foot
- No matter what club you are using, move your left foot into position first. You are going to move your left foot the same distance every time.
- Move your left foot so the the inside of your foot is in line with your armpit. This will make moving your right foot much easier because it will automatically line up your golf ball with your logo.
- The beauty of this system is it's simplicity. You should be able to repeat it every time you step up to a full swing shot.
Step Four : Move Your Right Foot
- After you move your right foot your golf ball will always be in line with your logo on your shirt. Even though your right move moves different distances.
- Your stance needs to get wider as your clubs get longer. As you can see the stance with an 8 iron is narrower than a stance with a driver. Please see the Basic Stance Lessons for more details.
- Your Hybrid stance width will have the insteps of your feet be in line with the middle of your shoulders. This will give you great balance for making your swing..
- This stance width will put your ball a little forward of the middle of your stance. The most effective contact with a hybrid is picking it off the ground while taking a tiny divot. This ball position and stance width will help make that type of contact very consistent.
Thank you for taking the Ball Position Golf Instruction for the Hybrid. Ball position is often over looked and taken for granted, but is actually vital to good consistent ball striking. Please use the structure of this lesson so that you can develop a strong routine that will allow you to have the your ball properly positioned to improve your game.
Good luck with your practicing and playing. May you 'Play Your Golf Dreams' sooner with the help of free-golf-lessons.com.
Return to the Basic Golf Instruction Page
Return to the Home Page from Golf Instruction for Hybrids